Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Waiting...

I'ts 9:22am, and I have woken up every half hour since 6:00am, waiting for Little Lucy Girl to be born. I really thought birth was like the movies: a big dramatic water break, followed by a quick dramatic labor and birth. I thought babies just sort of shot out. Turns out the water is almost always broken by the doctor at the hospital, and the process of having a child takes hours. It doesn't even take three or four hours. We're talking hhhoooouuuurrrrsss. This pregnancy thing is a serious time commitment!

I'm very proud of myself for blogging two days in a row. This might be some sort of record.

On another note, Ivan is sleeping like a baby (more like a baby after a bottle of sleeping pills; this lump won't get up). All I want is for him to wake up and entertain me until I get the text message to come play with my new niece! I'm antsy, and he can usually distract me from whatever I'm obsessing over. Maybe I'll clumsily fall back into bed and turn the food network on. No one can resist a good episode of Iron Chef or Good Eats.

Oh! That reminds me that we get to go to the Chinese buffet today! We have just a little bit of money to spend when we're together, so we like to go there. It's like $6.00 for lunch, and you get free pop (soda for all you East Coasters) if you flash your student ID! I love the perks of being in college.

Ok, so I'm going to try to wake him up again, and I'll let you know how Lucy Goose turns out!

No comments: