Saturday, May 19, 2007

Babies...I Quite Like Them

I hung out with Laura-Love, Boss-Man, and Little Lucy Goose this evening. Important things first:

She pooped on me.

Projectile poop.

She was completely adorable the whole time, and kept giving me half smiles as she shot out brown liquid from her tiny little butt. Sheesh. God made babies cute because they're disgusting. Grown-ups would never care for them if they weren't so warm and snuggly.

Andrew finally emailed me pictures of me and LuGirl. They're awesome. I'm still trying to figure out how to post picture within a post, but I'll ask Laura about it later. I love to hold her. I made her fall asleep today, and swaddled the crap outta her. Laura says I'm a champion swaddler. Holding babies and making them not cry makes me feel more feminine, as if I'm using a talent or skill that was instilled in me at birth.

I'm glad I'm so close to Lucy. I never got to be very close to Chanler of Chalsie, my youngest nephew and niece. I wish I had been able to build a close relationship with them, but college and silly family spats has made that difficult--impossible, rather. I'm taking out all my pent up love, attention, and money on Lucy.

Yeah, I've dropped fat cash on this kid...she's so spoiled by Aunt Suz.

I'm excited for my friends to start having babies. It's fun! I'm not personally ready for such a life altering gift from God, but snuggling other people's life altering gifts is wonderful!

On another note, I feel MUCH better! I think I was at the brink of death with my illness, but after a very personal ER visit with a burly Russian doctor and a bottle of Percocet, I'm feeling dandy. In my self-soothing, I drank all my yummy organic chocolate milk and pineapple juice, and now I'm out of tasty beverages. I may treat myself to a Mountain Dew tonight before bed.

In my Percocet haze, I missed my Econ exam. I thought it was Friday, and the professor thought it was Thursday. Oops. He's letting me make it up on Monday (Good Lord bless him!). The report that was due in business writing was late. My professor emailed me asking where it was after it was due and not in her inbox. I explained my near death illness and she gave me a 2-day extention. It was a steaming pile of crap in a Word document. She gave me a 69% on it, the lowest grade possible to give me a 79.6% in the class, rounding up to a B. She's forgiving, I certainly deserved less.

I keep wanting to beat myself up over this semester, but I am so proud of myself. My grades...are frighteningly terrible; however, after the death of two of the greatest men in my life, a terrible illness during finals week, a semester-long battle with a terrible boss with no soul, and the most difficult class schedule of my college career, I'm proud that I have come out on the other end, a little stronger. My room's a mess, my GPA's a little shaken, and I feel like a small piece of me has been torn away these past few months, but I have survived it all. I have started a blog and kept it relatively current, so this is one good thing that has come out of this semester. My relationship with Ivani is stronger than ever. I have a beautiful new niece who smiles at only a week or so old (she's a baby genius, I'm convinced). I have amazing friends. I turn 21 very soon! Life isn't so bad. If, after everything crappy that has happened, I can say nothing else, I can say this: I haven't lost site of the beauty God puts in front of my face every single day, and I take the time to say, "God, you freaking rock" every single day.

I think that's a nice place to end.

God, you freaking rock...and so do you, readers!

No comments: