Friday, October 12, 2007

today's the day!

So...today's the day of my big exciting event! I can't talk about it on here, because I am learning I have far more readers than I thought, and some (one) of those readers can't know about my big exciting event! I will, however, post an update on how it went on Sunday or Monday.



SHEEEEEEEESH I'm stoked!!!!!!




Ugh, so those of you who know what it is, don't ruin it and call that person (obviously, for those of you who have that person's number).



By the way, I finally put in my new belly ring. I thought it would be horrible and painful, but it just slipped right in! I know it takes a about a year for navel piercings to heal, but I think my tension ring had these scratches in it that irritated the piercing. But it's super cute! It's silver with a little light green jewel at the top and a bigger one on the bottom. It's very classic, which is what I wanted. I hate those huge, dangly, bling bling bullcraps with Playboy bunnies and other stupid things hanging down to my crotch. They look trashy.

In other news, the old lady I bought my poncho from at the Burlington Apple Festival delivered it to my house yesterday. I paid her more than she asked (she custom made it for me, made me extra stuff, AND delivered it to my house within a week!), and she got this teary-eyed thank you look in her eyes. Holy cow, I love old people! She said she simply couldn't take it, so I told her to put it in the collection plate at church on Sunday (she looked like a church lady). She was so cute and gave me a big hug and told me she'd pray for me. It makes me want to hand out $20s to every old lady I see. The poncho's kinda nerdy, but with the right outfit, I could rock it. Right now, I just wear it around the house. I LOVE this thing; it's like a blanket that I don't have to hold around myself! Genius!

Mr roommate, Kelly, keeps coming in here to ask about citation in APA format. She's cracking me up. I really love doing that type of stuff. Aside from making people smile, editing is my favorite thing to do. I'm really good at it, and not many people are, I'm finding. I figured writing a paper was the easier thing in the world for everyone to do, but I guess it's a skill a lot of people haven't really honed. I love all things regarding language; I get excited about speech, fiction writing, professional writing, and especially ripping someone's paper apart with a red pen in my hand. It's a kind of thrill that I don't get from doing anything else. I'm glad I'll be able to help people (my first and greatest passion and love), while writing and editing all the time (my second greatest passion and love). I'll have to write and edit grants throughout my career, which is a valuable skill to have. A lot of organizations would pay pretty much anything to have a quality grant-writer on staff.

Ok, I think I'm going to shower, do my nails, and, weather-pending, straighten my hair. I'm going to have to look cute tonight (par-tay!), so I'll have to check to see the frizz factor before I devote 45 minutes to straightening my hair, only to have it wave back up the second I step outside.


Until next time, keep those spirits up and smiles on!



XOXO,

Suzanne Marie

No comments: