Monday, March 23, 2009

Blogging Revival...?

I was reminded that people actually do check my blog, so I feel obligated to give the yearning public something.

Life updates are rather boring. Blogs are, by nature, incredibly self-absorbed (and I LOVE it--mine and everyone else's...I am a big believer in blogging), and I don't really care to talk about my life in great detail. If you're curious, call or email me.

I miss the days of serious blogging. I used to make people laugh, cry, and think, all in the same post. It was fantastic. I have seriously slacked. I feel like my life is progressing SO quickly--I can't keep up! Grad school has been a wonderful experience, but awful at the same time. I love my friends here, and living by myself has been fantastic. I've learned so much about myself and my capabilities. Paying bills is satisfying. I pay them on time and in full, which is a very grown-up thing I've never really had the opportunity to do. The coursework has been either impossibly difficult or annoyingly easy. I've had a couple of classes that were challenging and enjoyable, but I've been quite disappointed with the program so far--that sentiment has been echoed by my fellow students many times, so I'm not just being silly. I'm not dating anyone--I know the family really likes to keep up on that (by the way, I think it's hilarious that the older family members are questioning my ability to find a husband and are wondering how the probably-barren body of this old spinster will EVER produce new kids for everyone to snuggle. To those very loved family members: CALM DOWN. I'm still VERY young, and I promise that I will someday marry a nice young man and produce several snuggly little ones for you. Until I call you to invite you to a wedding or baby shower, STOP ASKING. Thank you. I do love you very much and know your concerns are just from your love for me and concern for my happiness.). Since school and my love life seem to be the only real portions of my life most people ask about, let's move on.

I visited Maryland during spring break. Sigh. I can't even express how much I love the people there. The friends are fantastic, and they're the kind of friends with whom I speak every couple of months, but can still rely on for anything and have a great time whenever we reconnect. I went for my little MoRo's baptism (the newest Cooke cutie). Laura's youngest brother, Paul, celebrated his first Eucharist during the same mass, so it was a fantastic event. The Cookes are much more like family than friends, and I have adopted their families as my own, also. I love those folks. They're always full of hugs, rambunctious kids, baked goods, advice, and truly attentive listening (I'll never understand how they do it with at least one child hanging from them at all times). The Cookes (including the Merkels, Laura's family) are just incredibly loving and accepting people. I'm blessed to know them and have them as examples of what successful families are like. And, it must be said that LuGoose has become exponentially cuter. I can't even describe it. I say "AWWW" at everything that girl says and does. She's just perfect.

Ok, I'm going to say goodbye for now. I've been "studying" and "paper writing" for so long that I've seen enough of TLC's giant families shows to make me think about very strange things (Will someone donate college money for the kids like they did diapers and strollers? Which kid will be the rebel and on the cover of Star or People in ten years? Do the parents EVER have quiet time to themselves to just be a couple?). My, oh my. I need sleep.

I hope I can find time to blog more often. I really miss it.

No comments: