Saturday, March 28, 2009

Q & A

I was browsing blogs, and I found this Q & A. Enjoy learning a few completely useless facts about me.

1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a lawyer for many years. I am fantastic at arguing, and could sell a ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves. I think I had some very serious and noble motivation for wanting to practice family law, but the only thing I can really remember now is that I wanted to debate and persuade people as a career.

2. What have you done in the past week to help someone else?
My team won Rally for Service! Rally is a somewhat complex week-long event, but basically my awesome team pulled together and beat the HUGE Nonprofit Management Association team. We are privileged to give over $350 to the Shalom Community Center in Bloomington, the charity we chose. They're fantastic. Google them.

3. Who is the best-dressed person you know?
The best dressed man I know has to be the guy who sits in front of me in Public Organizations. His name is Zach, and he always looks like a thirty-something business executive on the weekend. He looks so put together, but not too fancy.
I'm not really sure who the best dressed woman I know is, but Rachael always looks quite put together, even on her "scrubby" days.

4. What is on your nightstand?
My cell phone charger, in-progress novels I'll probably never finish, a box of the AMAZING tissues with Vicks in them, my stuffed lion named Button that i've had since I was three years old, and a few fancy earrings. I always forget to take my earrings out after I've been to the bar, so I wake up in the middle of the night being poked in the side of the head, take them out, and throw them on the bedside table. They never seem to make it back to the jewelry box.

5. If you were a cat, what kind of a cat would you be?
I think I'd be the kind that lives in a very loving home, but sneaks out every day to explore the neighborhood. I'm a restless and adventurous soul, but I always come back to what I know and love.

6. If you lived in a house surrounded by acres of trees, what particular type of tree would you want flourishing on your land?
I want a magnolia tree or some other tree with giant blooms. I love them!

7. What do you find to be very overrated?
American Idol, most Will Farrell movies, and professional football are my current gripes.

8. How many email addresses do you have?
I'm not quite sure, but I have them all forwarded to my gmail account.

9. Have you ever felt replaced?
Yes, but I'm never particularly upset about it. I mourn the loss of my place in that person's life, but I celebrate the new opportunities for both of us. Wow, that sounded like such a canned, crappy answer. Sorry, but it's true.

10. Would you rather watch football or baseball?
I love baseball and hate football. I think I hate football mostly because I don't understand it. The game of baseball is far superior, but football comes with hot wings and other delicious food. Does that make me a serious fat kid that hot wings make the baseball/football decision rather difficult?

11. What is the wallpaper on your phone?

It's a disco ball. It makes me feel very cool and party girl, even when I'm on hour six of writing a paper.

12. Name a lyric from the song you're listening to.
"But when he's gone, me and the lonesome blues collide. The bed's too big; the frying pan's too wide." --"My Old Man," Joni Mitchell

13. Do you use a feed reader?
I'm not even sure what that is. I assume I don't, but heck, who knows?

14. What chocolate do you always leave in the box?
The fruit creme ones are disgusting. I'm not much of a boxed chocolates girl. I think they're usually worse than anticipated. Chocolate should NEVER disappoint!

15. What would you do if you found out your ex is engaged?
I'd be shocked. I could only hope it would be the oh-so-classy Whitney...hahaha. He'll get that reference. I just don't ever think he could find a chick as awesome as I am, so I'd feel bad that he was settling. ;o)

16. Do words hurt you?
Yes. I am very sensitive. I'm working on thickening my skin, but it's a long, rough road.

17. Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both?
Anyone who has known me for more than three minutes knows I'm a talker. Anyone who has ever had a problem knows I'm a listener. I hate silence, so I always try to fill it; however, I am a very good listener for anyone who needs one.

18. Have you ever walked on the beach at night?
Yes. It was a bad night. I still feel very sad when thinking of the tide coming in, us sitting on the lifeguard chair, crying, wishing I could swim away.

19. Who is your favorite professional athlete?
Uhhh, any baseball player with big arms and a cute face. Haha!

20. Which TV show have you seen pretty much every episode of?
The Cosby Show. I'm obsessed.

No comments: