Monday, December 17, 2007

Surprisingly, I have decided to test my patience and use the computer at my parents' house. Oh my goodness. This computer is s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-w!

My grades are all in, and I have all A's and B's. Bravo to me! I have a 3.588 for the semester, and a 3.468 cumulative now. I can't believe my GPA actually went up! Somehow I worked my ass off at the end and got an A in Social Policy. That clas was really tough, but I learned a lot.

So I had a doctor's appointment this morning to get tested for Cushing's Disease. You can google that. After driving around the parking lot for 20 minutes trying to find a spot, I finally found one. I put on my turn signal, ease up behind the car backing out, and politely wait. Just as I was turning into the spot, this WWI veteren (he had to be, I swear) who was at least a 105 years old gunned it, planning to ram my little Cavalier. I let him have the space. I drove around for another 10 minutes, and found the last space in the last row. *sigh* So I start to run toward the hospital (by this time I'm 13 minutes late, and they cut you out of the system after 15 mintues past your appoitnment), and slip on the ice. I fly through the air, and land with a painful *THUD* on my biscuits. Every one of the 15 or so people stared for about 30 seconds until one man said, "Uh, Ma'am, are you ok?" I replied, "Yeah, only my pride is hurt," and i continue to make a b-line toward the front door. Once I got there, I knew I'd only be about 30 seconds away from where my appointment was. Surprise, surprise, the hospital decided it was a grand time to instal 10-foot plywood blockades. Remodeling the already newly remodeled foyer was obviously at the top of the hospital's list, not salting the sidewalks or creating more parking spaces. After running all the way around the hospital, I make it to the front window at exactly 10:16. "I'm sorry, I just marked you in the computer as a no-show. You'll have to call the appointment line and make a new appointment." "But...[insert ENTIRE story here]" "Yes, but you should have been on time. I can't help you. NEEEEEEEEXT!"

Oh my goodness.

I nearly karate chopped her head off.

I felt no restraint while cursing her as I stomped out of the door and leaving a waiting room full of people with uncomfortable loks on their faces.

*Sigh*

So I have a new appointment on Thursday, and I will be leaving my house a full hour before the appointment in scheduled. Sheesh.

Risha's mother is on the phone with my mother. We haven't heard from her in at least 10 years.

I'm going to go.

I'll let you know how this works out. I wish I could hug her.






Suz.

No comments: