Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Dear Louise

I finally went grocery shopping today with the Kroger gift card Mom gave me. I have discovered that I am super cheap and super shopping savvy (well, at least when it comes to groceries). I know I only use bread for grilled cheese sandwiches, so I buy the 56cent bread. I know I doctor my soups, so I buy the Value brand at 47cent a can. I also just discovered the "must sell" section of the meat department. I bought a pot roast for just under $3, cooked it today in the crock pot, and have lunch for the rest of the week.

Anyway, I was on my way to the checkout, feeling quite proud (and looking quite pretty in my floral skirt from morning mass), and I passed by the flower section. I smelled the hyacinths, and thought, I did VERY well with my grocery shopping. I'm going to buy myself a present. I chose a very pretty purple one. Since I tend to forget about plants and kill them rather quickly, I decided to name this one in hopes that I can take better care of it--er, her. Her name is Louise. She is going to replace the dog that I can't have in this AWFUL apartment.

On a completely unrelated note, the new Quizno's commercials are REALLY starting to make me uncomfortable. If you haven't seen it, the basic rundown is that the oven is sexually harassing the Quizno's employee. It asks his to "put it in" him (the new sandwich). When the employee refuses to rub the oen down with a shammy like "last time," the oven says, "Come on, we both enjoyed that." AWKWARD.

No comments: