Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Creative Stroke of Genius of Laura Cooke Proportions!

I have been staring at my sad, beat up, $4 garage sale coffee table all winter long. I've been waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer so I can make this interestingly-shaped coffee table look fresh and fun. All of my staring finally paid off this morning! I have decided how to make it fabulous once more.

I'm going to paint it a deep, chocolate brown (to match my TV stand [also $5 at a garage sale. Holla.]). I will then paint my hands a nice spring green (the color of my laptop, bedspread, oh goodness, I LOVE that color!) and put a handprint in each corner of the table. After letting that dry, I'm going to...get this, people...paint on henna designs. WHOAAAA. I know, I'll give you a minute to handle my greatness.

****

**** still admiring? Ok, I'll give you a moment more.

****

Ok, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea to have bright green painted hands on their coffee tables, but it is SO mine! Plus, it gives me an opportunity to paint very tiny things, which always centers me and makes me happy to be in the world. And in case you're not sure what henna is, I've included a photo below:

I'm super pumped! When i finally get around to buying the paint (because you KNOW I don't like to pay full price for anything [which drives Ivan and my mother nuts...but they secretly LOVE it]), I'll post a picture of the grand "new" table.

On a furniture note, if anyone would like to visit good ol' Btown on August 1 and surprise me with a comfy couch (ugly is ok, thrift store sheets make great slipcovers) or a couple of kitchen chairs, I'd be eternally thankful!

No comments: