Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sitting in Class

I'm sitting in class, learning NOTHING, and resisting the calculation of how much I'm paying per minute to blog through class. Piece of paper. Piece of paper. Piece of paper. Once I can add that additional line to my resume, some idiot will be willing to pay me several thousand dollar more each year. Grad school is an investment, right? Riiiight?

My professor keeps talking directly to me because I am one of the, hm, three people who ever comment or ask a question. He's a genuinely nice guy, but I think we're all SO sick of theory. We're going to graduate and have little more knowledge of how to run a nonprofit than when we did before we came to SPEA. That's freaking concerning.


On an entirely separate note, I've started a pretty solid gym routine, and my thighs HURT. I can't really move them inward or outward without a whimper. I'm hoping to combat the big scary weight gain that come with Depo. It already makes me an emotional freak (I cried during a cell phone commercial last night because they used picture messaging to find a little girl's puppy). I talked to the doctor about it, and she said, "oh, hunny, that's pretty much exactly what you'll be like when you're pregnant. It's the same amount of the same hormone--you better get used to it." Get used to it? Get used to it?! She better get used to a punch in the face. FIX ME, LADY! I feel bad for the poor schlub who knocks me up. God help that poor man.

My brother comes home from Iraq really soon! Mom drove up to NY to hang out with Steph and Anthony, and Doug will join them in a couple of weeks. Between Christmas and New Year, Doug, Steph, and my adorable, chubby-cheeked nephew are visiting Ohio! Many of you know that I haven't met little Anthony yet, so you can imagine how pumped I am! I am the aunt that smothers her babies in hugs and kisses and messy toys that annoy their parents. I can't wait to snuggle this little guy. I feel sorry for everyone else around, because I'm snatching my nephew up and never letting him go.

Oh, sweet Jesus, I still have 20 minutes left of class. Shoot me. I'm going to Facebook for a while and gchat with the rest of the people in the room. Oh, higher education.

1 comment:

Kathy Smallwood said...

Sorry I am lame and don't check this blog of yours nearly often enough...but I have a sneaking suspicion that I was right beside you when you wrote this...haha. I feel your pain and love how you put into sassy words what many SPEONs feel.