Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random Updates of My Life Happenings

So Warren gets here on Friday, and I haven't seen him since last Spring. We were on staff together last year for the RA thing, and became the very closest of friends. I am sooooo excited to see him again, even if he's only staying in the burg for a few hours. His goddaughter's 1st birthday party is Saturday afternoon, so I understand that that's more important.

School is going pretty well. My Social Policy class is really challenging and a lot of work, but it's the most relevant course I've had so far to what I want to be when I grow up and jump into the big girl world. We have this semester-long project (GAG!) analyzing a current social policy, and I chose S-CHIP, which is State Children's Health Insurance Program. We lobbied in Columbus this summer with Freedom School, and I really believe in the policy. Google it. I has been in place for the last 10 years, and expires September 30. It's a huge deal! It provides health insurance for children whose families are above the poverty line (kids below qualify for Medicaid) up to 300% above, but whose families still can't afford health insurance on their own. S-CHIP is the cement that fills the crack that kids keep falling through. Anyway, I'm very excited because I (along with 4 other people I recruited to do the project with me) are analyzing a very relevant policy about which I am very passionate. That makes for some mighty good learnin'!

SGA is kiiiiiiilling me! The Student Affairs Chair before me left me nothing to figure out what and how the hell I'm supposed to do anything. I just found out that I have to plan a mixer (dance type thing) for Homecoming. I need to turn in the risk management form 3 weeks ahead (it's 4 weeks away), and I have to meet with 3 different and very busy people before I can turn it in! AHHHHH! I am putting together a VERY detailed binder for my successor. This is such crap and I won't do it to the next person just because it takes a little more time and effort.

Little Lu and I are very best friends. She's huge now, and just yaps all the time. It's all incomprehensible, but she sure has a lot to say. Everytime she sees me, she gets a huge grin on her face. Well, I get a huge grin when I see her, too. We're in looooove, haha. She also has this very strange reaction to me: she spits up if I even touch her. At first, I thought it was a cute accident. Then, it came to the point where I'd touch her arm and BBBLLLEEEHHHH all over. I started bringing a jacket everytime I visited. I think it has slowed down now, but for a while, I thought, Jeez, I wonder if I have this effect on everyone. Haha.

I'm excited to graduate! Ugh, I'm starting to get Senioritis. My mantra is quickly becoming "C's get degrees," which is awful....but very true. GPA matters in high school. It SEEMS to matter in college. Then...you realize it's a VERY small 3 numbers on a resume that is greatly outshined by everything else down the page. Ah, well. I will still succeed and keep high goals in my mind. I'll just be happy with the B instead of the A this year!

Ok, leave comments and love.

No comments: