Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy

A brief list of things I love today:
  • My new knee cap stabilizer strap. Oh, goodness it feels great.
  • Election fever. It's so exciting! If only people were this excited about our government in non-election years.
  • The library. Anyone can go, stay as long as they want (pretty much), and learn anything they want from a collection of the world's knowledge.
  • Saved By the Bell reruns. I just love them.
  • Apple cider. It's tangy, sweet, and freaking delicious. I'm drinking the last glass of the gallon. Yikes!
  • $2 Tuesdays at Kilroy's. You can buy a cheeseburger (and such a delicious one) with a side of chips for $2. Pair that with the giant beer pitcher of water they give you, and you've got a meal for two for less that a value meal at McDonald's, and WAY yummier!
  • Fall leaves. Rachael and I walked all around campus and downtown (quite a long walk) for a couple of hours today and took pictures of all the gorgeous leaves. We should have done that a week or so ago, but the colors are still beautiful.
  • Intervention. It's a heart-wrenching TV show that makes me cry nearly every time, but to see the addicts so happy and finally clean makes my heart fill up to the point that I feel like I could burst.
  • Sexy joggers. Anyone who knows me well knows that I go for the beefier sort of men; a little chub is just hot. But when I see a trim man with broad shoulders and flexing muscles glisten in the sun as he jogs by me...oh, yes...I do stare...yum.
  • Kids. I just love 'em--all of them. They rock.
  • Chase, Chanler, Chalsie, Anthony, Lucy, and Phoebe. Those baseball playing, Cub Scouting, imagination using, chubby cheeked, red haired, womb living little ones are the GREATEST kids in the universe.
  • Giant sweatshirts. They just feel like a hug. Since I live alone, it's the only hug I regularly get, haha.
  • My Aunt Laura. She and I have always been very close, and she's a second mom to me. She's amazing.
  • My cousin, the rep...repub...oh, I just can't bring myself to say it (heehee)...voting for Barack Obama!
  • Teaching. I've always loved to teach kids, and I'm really enjoying teaching adults. I must say that teaching kids is easier and more fun, but teaching adults is making me really think about how to communicate (I had a very serious conversation with a woman who knows perhaps 15 words of English), how to connect with people on a level other than words, and how to gain confidence in myself and help other find it in themselves, too.
  • Halloween. I like to wear my tutu around the house all the time anyway, so it was nice to be able to wear it in public without people thinking I'm strange. yes, I do fake ballet around my apartment. it's quite a spectacle.
That's it for now. I failed my Stats midterm, so I needed to focus on the positives around me.

Is it next semester yet?



SuzzyQ

No comments: