Monday, May 26, 2008

mini update

Graduation went well. It was boring, as expected, but wasn't as long as I had anticipated. I got the babysitting job for a darling three year old named Glenn. She's jut adorable, and oh-so-smart! It should be tons of fun. It's only on Saturdays, so it'll be just enough for some extra cash through the week, but not enough to constitute complaining about having two jobs.

Freedom Schools officially starts for servant-leaders tomorrow. We have pre-training for a couple of hours, which isn't really a big deal. Lots of paperwork and scheduling of classes (child abuse prevention/recognition, first aid, cpr/aed, communicable diseases, etc.). I leave for Tennessee on Sunday, which should be just as fun and exhausting as last year. Spending a week with coworkers (we even live together during that week) in a high-stress environment can really break a person down. Our days are usually from 7:30am to 11pm, and I set aside one night to go out on the town with my friend, Andi, whom I met at the Idealist conference I went to last year. She lives just a few minutes from the University of Tennessee, so she's picks me up and we go have some fun!

I have tried to call the Cookes for a few days now. I haven't heard back--I hope everything's ok. If you're reading this, Laura, give me a call!

My graduation party went well--it was a blast, and if you weren't there, you missed out! I got lots of money, which is exactly what I need being on such a tight budget next year (groceries might not have to be considered a "luxury expense" afterall!)

I won't be blogging very much this summer because the computer here is just...*sigh*...so just check back every couple of weeks and you shouldn't have too much to catch up on.

I have lots and lots of thank you cards to write, so I'm going to get on that.


Love,

The Suz.

No comments: